Five things happening this week…
1) Reading: I finished reading Three Wishes by Liane Moriarty. It was good, but not my absolute favorite by her. She still remains my current favorite author. Love her writing style, and all the surprises that just keep coming in each book.
2) Watching: We of course watched the Super Bowl on Sunday, though I did not care who won the game. My favorite part was the half-time show with Katy Perry…not that I am a huge fan, but because Avery thoroughly enjoyed it. She was mesmerized by the visuals and the poppy, upbeat music. Anything juvenile such as this, is so much more fun when you get to watch a child enjoying it!
3) Shopping: I have been looking for a new phone case for a while now, but either can’t find one that I like, or when I do it costs more than I want to spend. Or, as is the case here, I finally found one from the Rifle Paper Co. I was ready to buy, and it’s currently sold out. So…I’m on the lookout for another one again.
4) Cooking: I made a Meatza Pizza for dinner a few nights ago that I found here. It might have been good, except that I followed the recipe exactly, which turned out not to be a good thing. I included the optional 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, which turned out to be way too much! It ruined the meat “crust” because it was too hot. I also felt the “crust” was too thick. If I were to make this again I would spread the crust out in a much bigger pan than the recipe called for. From here on, I will probably stick to the real thing or make a cauliflower crust as we have before, which tastes much better.
5) Loving: Avery and her cuteness. She spilled her milk last weekend, said, “Sorry Mommy,” then walked over and got a towel from the drawer and cleaned up her mess. Now, if only she would do this for every mess she makes! :)