I read 34 books this year, totaling over 11,000 pages. That is by far the most pages I have ever read in a year. I contribute this to finally finishing my masters and the ease with which I can sneak in a few pages on a book here or there on my Kindle or Kindle app on my phone. I also got into reading a lot on the treadmill at the gym.
Writing the below list was rather difficult, as I felt I read a lot of good books this year, but not very many that jump out at me as being amazing.
The best 8 Books I Read in 2014: (though not necessarily released in ’14)
1. Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty (as mentioned in my previous book post)
2. The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
3. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society by Mary Ann Shaffer
4. The Husband’s Secret by Liane Moriarty
5. The Alloway Files by E.J. Roller (written by one of my oldest and dearest friends)
6. Daily Wisdom for Women: 2014 Devotional by Barbour Publishing (my favorite of the three daily devotionals I read)
7. The Theory of Opposites by Allison Winn Scotch
8. The Girl You Left Behind by Jojo Moyes
*Finally, a quick screenshot of the covers of each book I read.